Sunday, June 15, 2014

Revisiting Learning Goals

At the beginning of my class, I set a few learning goals. They were how to effectively use research-based practices when it comes to digital tools, how to implement and immerse my students in technology-enhanced learning experiences, and how to develop a daily use of online and blended learning networks with other professionals. I honestly feel like I am accomplishing them pretty well. I feel like I have a growth mindset of online resources. I have been learning how learn different Web 2.0 tools such as Blendspace, easel.ly, Blogger, Netvibes, and otheres. Having to be immersed in them myself for this class has given me a desire to have them in my classroom. I find myself checking different tools now without being given an assignment. I also think that using Twitter and developing a blog and professional learning network has helped me reach another goal that I had. I am connected to other professionals via learning networks. I also find myself using them daily as well. Overall I am really happy with my growth and my achievement of the goals that I set. I plan to continue on and keep growing in my experience. 

5 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    Hi I thought of myself when you talked about wanting your kids to experience the things we have been doing in class. I have been feeling the same way and find myself already planning activities and writing out notes on what I want to do next year with my new set of kids. I also like the comment about being connected with other professionals. I work with some wonderful kindergarten teachers but I sometimes feel that they think differently than I do. When I read blogs or connect with other professionals around the country it makes me feel better about what I am doing in my classroom. I know that others think like I do and I love getting new ideas from them.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also feel that I have a growth mindset with online courses. I am constantly learning new information. Using Twitter and a Blog was one of my professional goals also. I'm still in the process of using Twitter because it is one element of social media that I just haven't cared for and used in the past, but am working on that attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I too want to use these Web 2.0 tools that we've become familiar with in my classroom. It's my goal to use twitter more for my professional life. I've found their are so many wonderful resources on Twitter that I never would have thought of.

    LeAmber

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found myself getting excited about using some of the tools and ideas from this class in my own classroom. I have really enjoyed learning through my PLN and see it as a great tool for all educators to learn and grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree that this course really has me looking more and more at the tools that are available for use in our classrooms. I never realized there were so many out there. My favorite so far has been the blendspace.

    ReplyDelete